Skip to content

Time creeping by….

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It was some time around April/May (4/5 months pregnant) that my nausea disappeared and then back it came with a vengeance – MY APPETITE.  I was attacking the nasi lemak, soy sauce chicken rice, the durians, my mum’s crab curry (which is my mum’s explanation for why Divya is so active – she’s active like crabs???)  But this time of eating bliss was short-lived. 

I found out a couple of months later that my pressure was rising and so I as advised to cut my salt!  My feet were swelling and looked like balloons – hey, I know I have long, broad feet – but this was just a joke, it was like i was walking on 2 bubbles.  I remember, my mum used to cook dishes for me like mutton curry WITHOUT salt – it was like not eating at all.  My gynae was concerned that it would lead to eclampsia so he put me on bed rest.  And for those who know me, you’d know what an active bee I am, I am forever multi-tasking and on the move.  So this was just torture for me – and worse was the policeman on duty, ELAN, monitoring my moves (even to the toilet during the nights as I used to feel dizzy).   

Ofcourse there were times when I just couldn’t take it and would eat something I liked.  And since I was on no-pay leave and sitting at home, I was privileged to have my mum and my dear aunties coming over to check on me and bring me food.  We even had an “appam” party once just because I was having a craving.

As time went, generally uneventfully, towards my due date, I started getting anxious and nervous, but also excited.  I remember counting down, almost day by day.  Time seemed to just creep by really slowly.

2 Comments leave one →
  1. Wednesday, May 7, 2008 11:09 pm

    I developed pre-eclampsia with Amanda… So I KNOW what you mean by the balloon feet! *lol* Mine were so swollen that I couldn’t put my shoes on. One time I had to go into Wal*Mart with just socks on, so I could find a pair of flip-flops, as they were the only things I could get on my poor, swollen feet. (Which Joe was sure were going to explode at any moment *lol*)

    I was put on bed rest too, but luckily it was just a few days. When my BP got up to 150/100 they took Amanda early, so they could get it back down.

  2. boiseangel permalink*
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 8:57 pm

    hehe – that was all I wore too on my feet – flip-flops.

    My BP used to go up high too but I managed to make it to 39 weeks and 1 day and went into labour.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: